International Clean Energy Challenge: an event for young professionals, July 2019
How to make the clean energy transition happen is one of the key challenges the world is facing. To find fresh solutions and new ideas for sustainable energy in buildings, industry and transport, we are inviting 33 young professionals and researchers under 33 (born after 1985) to tackle this challenge in an event of collaborative thinking across disciplines.
An event for young professionals!
- Tackle real-life challenges presented by our corporate and institutional partners and develop concrete solutions in diversified and interdisciplinary teams
- Network with innovative companies and benefit from professional mentoring and training from their management staff
- Meet other young innovators from all over the world. Build-up your peer network !
- Be inspired for new ways of thinking about the energy transition !
- Win an award for the best project !
- Spend an unforgettable week with like-minded people in the beautiful Austrian Alps! Experience Austrian hospitality and enjoy an exciting mixture of workshops and leisure activities
Bright young thinkers from all disciplines (business, engineering, economics, social sciences, law etc.) and from all over the world !
Eligibility criteria :
- minimum work experience of 3 years or undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor)
- strong interest in the clean energy transition
- good knowledge of English
- born after 1985
Arrival : Monday, 22 July during the day, kick-off of the event in the afternoon
End : Friday, 26 July
Upper Austria - one of the nine Austrian regions - is a European leader in the energy transition. Greenhouse gas emissions in the building sector were reduced by 43 % in the last 10 years. Renewable energy supplies 32 % of all primary energy and 58 % of all space heating. This has also resulted in a strong innovation ecosystem and the growth of a vibrant industry that successfully exports worldwide. The meeting will be held in the landmark building of a former monastry, surrounded by the panorama of the Austrian Alps. The "Pyhrn-Priel Holiday Region" is characterised by a picturesque scenery of alpine pastures and lovely villages. The event is organised by the regional energy agency of Upper Austria in collaboration with businesses and research organisations.
How to participate
- Complete the online application form at www.33under33.eu by 10 April 2019
- The organisers will select 33 young innovators based on the quality of their applications.
- Plan your trip! The organisers will cover costs for accommodation, meals and the programme during your stay in Austria.
- Participants will receive a certificate of participation.
An event for young professionals: Bright young innovators will develop concrete energy solutions in diversified and interdisciplinary teams. Have an impact on the success of the clean energy transition! Apply now and join us in Austria in July for this once in a lifetime experience!
Deadline for application is 10 April 2019. Apply now at: www.33under33.eu
Source : Energiesparverband